In this three-day instructor-led course, you’ll learn how to build richly formatted, dynamic reports using Microsoft Report Builder 3.0. This release of Report Builder delivers intuitive report authoring capabilities, by offering an enhanced authoring experience for business users. Delivering rich data visualisation with charts and gauges, Report Builder 3.0 also supports maps to produce new insights and discoveries by combining geospatial data with business information, allowing for flexible reporting and equipping key decision makers with the information needed to properly assess their options and improve outcomes.
Additionally, using the Report Part Gallery, you’ll take Self Service Reporting to new heights by enabling users to re-use existing report parts as building blocks for creating new reports in a matter of minutes with a “grab and go” experience. See Report Builder in server mode, plus being able to toggle between design and preview modes.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Business Users, Power Users and ICT Professionals who support business users who are required to connect to various data sources to create ad hoc reports or reports for distribution through SQL Server Reporting Services using Report Builder 3.0.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Report Model and Report Builder
- Create a shared data source
- Create a Reporting Services report
- Work with data regions including Tables, List, Chart, Matrix and Gauge
- Export reports to various destinations and file formats
- Create and manipulate data sets
- Design a parameterised report to display data
- Use report models to build reports
- Deploy reports to SharePoint
- Understand the aspects of security
Before attending this course, participants should have:
- An understanding of the data being accessed and how you want to display that data
- An understanding of relational databases
- Experience in creating reports using Microsoft Access or other third party reporting products eg: Crystal Reports
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE)