This one-day instructor-led course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to create database solutions that use spatial data in Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008. The course introduces developers to spatial data concepts and the geography and geometry spatial data types in SQL Server 2008.
It then describes how to use these data types to store geographic and location-based data and to perform spatial operations and queries. Finally, the course describes how to integrate spatial data in SQL Server 2008 with the Microsoft Bing map control in a Web application.Download Course Outline View Schedule/Book Online
Who Should Attend
Developers who need to create applications that store and query geographic data.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Store spatial data in a SQL Server 2008 database by using the geography and geometry data types
- Perform spatial data operations and queries in Transact-SQL code
- Create spatial indexes to optimize queries against spatial data types
- Display spatial data from a SQL Server database on a Microsoft Bing map control in a Web page
Before attending this course, participants should have:
- Experience of creating database solutions in SQL Server, including basic Transact-SQL programming
- Familiarity with Web development in Microsoft Visual Studio (recommended but not essential)