SQL Server Virtual Training Night School
Course Code: SSVTNS
Course Structure: 12 weeks of 2 x 2 hour
instructor-led sessions per week plus equivalent
This intensive 12 week combined instructor-led
and self-study virtual night course is constructed around two
Microsoft Official Curriculum courses - 10777 and 10778. They
describe how to implement a BI platform to support information
worker analytics and how to empower information workers through
self-service analytics and reporting.
Sessions are delivered in 2 hour blocks, twice a week and
require participants to complete at least the
equivalent amount of self-study to be able to meet the rigorous
requirements of the course delivery.
Participants will learn how to create a data warehouse with SQL
Server 2012, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services,
and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services
and SQL Server Master Data Services. And will learn how to
implement PowerPivot and tabular data models, create and deliver
rich data visualizations with Power View and SQL Server Reporting
Services, and discover business insights by using data mining
The course helps participants prepare for the exam
70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft
SQL Server 2012 which you will take as part of the last week of the
It also assists participants to prepare for exam
70-466: Implementing Data Models & Reports with
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 which you will take in your own time
following the course completion
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for database professionals who need to
fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis
and reporting solutions and will need to focus on hands-on work
creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL,
and data cleansing.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data
- Design and implement a data warehouse.
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Implement an SSIS solution that supports incremental data
warehouse loads and changing data.
- Integrate cloud data into a data warehouse ecosystem
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
- Describe how information workers can consume data from the data
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI
- Create reports with Reporting Services
- Create reusable report items that simplify self-service
- Manage a reporting infrastructure
- Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services
- Implement dimensions in a cube
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube
- Use MDX Syntax
- Customize a cube
- Implement a Tabular Data Model in PowerPivot
- Use DAX to query a tabular model
- Implement a Tabular Database
- Use Power View to create interactive data visualizations
- Use Data Mining for predictive analysis
Before attending this course participants should have, in
addition to their professional experience, the technical knowledge
equivalent to the following course: