DBA Checklists: Reliable, Repeatable, & Automated
Now that SQL Server loves PowerShell and Microsoft loves open source, it is even easier to automate even your most time-consuming, repetitive, mundane or burdensome tasks.
Using the DbaChecks PowerShell module released at the SQLBits 2018 conference we can:
- Track SQL Server instance configurations
- Promptly provide required information to managmement, change configuration or developers
- Deftly respond to audit change requirements across your entire estate (and impress your auditor with PowerShell)
- Restore SQL Servers to their correct state prior and post deployment
- Test *everything* from configuration to permissions, SQL service account share access to sysadmins, Agent Jobs to SPNs
This session will look at how to install and use this module. With multiple examples we will look at both running the checks and viewing the data in the supplied Power BI reports.
About the Presenter
Patrick Flynn is a Senior Database Administrator with 10 years experience in large 24 x 7 enterprise environments. He is a certified master for SQL Server and a regular attendee of the PASS Summit.
Has presented at SQL Saturday events in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Auckland, Edmonton and Calgary, Oslo and Cambridge.
164 Wharf Street, Spring Hill, QLD 4000
Date & Time:
Thursday, 28th June 2018
Catering from 5:30PM for a 6:00PM Start (meetings typically finish at 7:30PM)
To Register: Please register here to help us organise catering.Register now!