40074 Microsoft SQL Server 2014 for Oracle DBA’s – Sydney
April 6, 2020 @ 9:00 am - April 9, 2020 @ 5:00 pm UTC+11$2920
This course provides participants with the knowledge & skills to capitalise on their skills and experience as an Oracle DBA to manage a Microsoft SQL Server system.
This 4-day Instructor Led course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to capitalise on their skills and experience as an Oracle DBA to manage a Microsoft SQL Server system.
This course provides training for an Oracle DBA to compare and contrast Oracle database management to SQL Server database management.Download Course Outline view schedule/book online
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for experienced Oracle database administrators (DBAs) who work in an enterprise-level environment and require the skills to begin supporting and maintaining a SQL Server database
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Extend their existing competencies as Oracle DBAs to SQL Server.
- Manage SQL Server using the same perspective of an Oracle DBA.
- Understand the underlying architecture of SQL Server.
- Manage the SQL Server system, databases, and users.
- Manage database files by backing up or migrating to other systems.
- Define and implement monitoring and tuning solutions to the SQL Server system.
- Express High Availability options to SQL Server.
- Explain the process and tool to migrate Oracle schemas to SQL Server databases.
Before attending this course, participants should have:
- Oracle DBA experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows platforms
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals