PBIE Power BI Essentials – Melbourne
May 14 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+11$675
This one-day instructor led course concentrates on the Power BI components available in Microsoft Office 2016 and the Power BI Desktop. The participants will learn how to gather and analyse data from a variety of sources and surface visualisations using the Power BI tools to construct compelling insights into business data.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for analysts, business intelligence (BI) developers and IT professionals that will be involved with the design, development, and maintenance of data employing the features of Power BI.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Business Intelligence Concepts
- Describe and Understand the use of the Microsoft Power BI Tools
- Understand Self-Service BI
- Get data using Excel 2016 and the Power BI Desktop
- Model Data in Excel 2016 and the Power BI Desktop
- Create Reports in Power BI Desktop
- Understand Data Models, their creation and use.
- Work with Multidimensional Data
- Create and Use Hierarchies to Improve Analysis and Performance
- Use DAX to create custom measures
- Use the Power BI Tools to Import Data from various sources
- Prepare and Enhance Data Models for use with the many Power BI Visualisations
- Create Data Mashups using a Diverse Range of Public & Organisational Data
- Course Prerequisites
Before attending this course, participants should have:
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel is desirable