- This event has passed.
10987 Performance Tuning & Optimising SQL Databases – Sydney
January 30, 2018 @ 9:00 am - February 2, 2018 @ 5:00 pm UTC+11$2,920.00
This four-day instructor-led course provides students who manage and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to performance tune and optimize their databases.
Performance Tuning & Optimising SQL Databases
This four-day instructor-led course provides students who manage and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to performance tune and optimize their databases.Download Course Outline View Schedule/Book Online
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases and are responsible for optimal performance of SQL Server instances that they manage. These individuals also write queries against data and need to ensure optimal execution performance of the workloads. The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the high level architectural overview of SQL Server & its various components.
- Describe the SQL Server execution model, waits & queues.
- Describe core I/O concepts, Storage Area Networks & performance testing.
- Describe architectural concepts & best practices related to: o data files for user databases & TempDB. o Concurrency, Transactions, Isolation Levels and Locking.
- Describe architectural concepts of the Optimizer & how to identify and fix query plan issues.
- Describe architectural concepts, troubleshooting scenarios and best practices related to Plan Cache & troubleshooting strategy & usage scenarios for Extended Events.
- Explain data collection strategy and techniques to analyze collected data.
- Understand techniques to identify & diagnose bottlenecks to improve overall performance
In addition to their professional experience, participants should already have:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system & its core functionality
- Working knowledge of database administration & maintenance
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL