- This event has passed.
SSAQWE Advanced Query Writing Essentials – Brisbane
April 26, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+11$675.00
This course will provide participants with a good exposure to advanced Transact-SQL querying writing techniques allowing participants to develop more complex and robust SQL queries, like writing advanced reports against a SQL Server database, and for developers who will need to build applications with a SQL Server backend.
This course will provide participants with a good exposure to advanced Transact-SQL querying writing techniques allowing participants to develop more complex and robust SQL queries, like writing advanced reports against a SQL Server database, and for developers who will need to build applications with a SQL Server backend.Download Course Outline View Schedule / Book Online
This course is for all versions of SQL Server. Throughout the day participants will undertake a series of practical exercises learning the difference between and where to use an INNER and an OUTER JOIN, when to use a LEFT vs a RIGHT JOIN, and explore the ‘how and why’ of subqueries while discovering T-SQL programming best practices.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for power users namely, report writers, business analysts and client application developers and report writers who are already comfortable writing queries with basic SQL syntax.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the order that you must use and write SQL clauses to simplify your task.
- Query multiple tables with inner joins, outer joins and self-joins
- Write queries that retrieve and modify data by using subqueries
- Use various techniques when working with complex queries including the use of temporary objects
- Write queries that use advanced SQL functions and operators
- Work with the special datatypes provided by SQL Server
- Build queries with transactional control and sophisticated error handling
- Understand when and where to use cursors for row based operations
- Construct and use various programmatic objects in a SQL database
Before attending this course, participants should have:
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows environment
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Ideally will have attended the WARDY IT Solutions SQL Server Query Writing Essentials course
- Practical experience of writing SQL queries