Analyzing Data with Excel
The main purpose of the course is to give participants the ability to add BI techniques to Excel data analysis. The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model, and Power BI.
Download Course Outline View Schedule/Book Online
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for participants who are experienced with analysing data with Excel and who wish to add BI techniques. The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explore and extend a classic Excel Dashboard
- Explore and extend an Excel data model
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions
- Create data visualisations in Excel
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel
Before attending this course, participants should have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating systems and its core functionality
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting and sub-totals
- Basic knowledge of data analytics equivalent to having attended course 10944
There are no reviews yet.