This course describes how to design and monitor high performance, highly available data solutions with SQL Server 2012. The course focuses on creating plans and designs for database structure, storage, objects, and servers. Participants will have the opportunity to practice hands-on skills and design tasks in a virtual lab environment and will learn about topics such as data compression, high availability, data migration, security, and scalability.Download Course Outline View Schedule/Book Online
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who design database solutions for organisations and have experience with database development and administering SQL Server databases.
These individuals design databases as their primary area of responsibility. They are responsible to plan and design database structure, storage, objects, and servers. They also create the plan for the environment in which the database solution runs.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Design an appropriate database server infrastructure for a given business application scenario
- Design a logical schema for a database based on application requirements
- Design the physical implementation of a database for a given set of requirements
- Evaluate opiotns for including binary large object data in a database design
- Plan and manage indexes to optimise performance
- Describe the key considerations for designing security for SQL Server instances and databases
- Plan policy-baed management to manage server instances, databases and other SQL Server 2012 objects more efficiently
- Plan SQL Server health monitoring
- Implement SQL Server health monitoring by using SQL Server Utility
- Identify and implement the appropriate backup stratgey for a given scenario
- Plan and manage multi-server maintenance and automation
- Understand the benefits of using PowerShell to manage SQL Server 2012
- Design an optimal replication strategy from a given set of business and technical requirements
- Plan and implement a high availablity solution
In addition to their professional experience, participants who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience with Transact-SQL.
- Familiarity with SQL Server 2012 components and tools.
- Familiarity with objects in a SQL Server database.
- Familiarity with enterprise Windows network and security architecture.
Particpants who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012
- 10774: Writing T-SQL Queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- 10775: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- 10776: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
There are no reviews yet.