This five-day instructor-led course describes how to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Particpants will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.Download Course Outline View Schedule/Book Online
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is database professionals who need to create and support a data warehousing solution .
Primary responsibilities include implementing a data warehouse, developing SSIS packages, enforcing data integrity, and cleansing data.
After completing this course, particpants will be able to:
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse
- Design and Implement a data warehouse
- Implement Data Flow and Control Flow in an SSIS package
- Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction and loading
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages
- Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse
In addition to their professional experience,participants should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following course:
- At least 2 years experience of working with relational databases, including
- Designing a normalised database
- Creating tables and relationships
- Querying with Transact-SQL
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looking and branching)
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitablity, and financial accounting is desirable
There are no reviews yet.