As organisations start their journey to Digital Transformation using cloud technologies like Azure, they often start with a “lift & shift” migration to an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform. In a study by Forrester Consulting, the opportunities to harness the value of going from IaaS to Platform as a Service (PaaS) are significant including an additional 466% ROI and 50% faster deployment time over IaaS.
To assist customers with these critical tasks, WARDY IT Solutions has developed the Azure Database Migration Assessment which brings together the power of cloud-specific application static code analysis and years of practical Azure-focused migration experience to help better understand the application modernization opportunities in Azure PaaS.
Today’s on-premises applications face a wide range of challenges including aging hardware and operating systems running inefficient datacenters that can impact operational costs, efficiency, and reliability. These issues can result in increased capital expenditure requirements and increased risks associated with security, audit, and regulatory compliance.
Digital Transformation calls for increased agility with the advent of DevOps in IT. This can be negatively impacted when application support is time (and budget) consuming and where innovation is happening outside of IT. Legacy applications can result in longer release cycles, monolithic and highly coupled architecture, and low application performance and time-to-market that compromise business agility.
Database Migration Assessment
An assessment of a databases readiness for migration to Azure is a time-consuming process when undertaken manually. And, analysing a portfolio of related line of business apps looking at various migration strategies using container and serverless technologies can take many months of work.
The Azure Database Migration Assessment by WARDY IT Solutions can provide in-depth analyses and recommendations in key areas:
- App modernisation estimate
- Containerised app estimate
- Detailed code-level analysis
- Azure cost analysis
- SQL database migration
- SQL managed instance
- App portfolio roll up
- App security and compliance
The Azure Database Migration Assessment can deliver highly reliable app remediation estimates, with recommended changes down to the code-block level. Because this assessment scan apps and complete the analysis literally in minutes, WARDY IT Solutions can deliver an app-level and portfolio rollup assessment within a few weeks not the months typically required in manual reviews.
Signup for the Migrate-a-thon
This one-day hands on workshop is designed for organisation to accelerate the modernisation of their application portfolio to Azure. When it comes to moving to the cloud, most existing application migrations come in the form of a “Lift & Shift” to IaaS. Unfortunately, this approach does not unlock the business value of the cloud or take advantage of PaaS services. In this workshop WARDY IT Solutions will assist you to analyse a subset of applications to understand how to accelerate the migration to Azure.
What you will learn
- How to accelerate cloud migrations and maximise opportunities for cost savings, infrastructure optimisation and risk reduction
- How to assess apps and databases for modernisation in minutes
- Cloud options for transitioning from SQL Server and Windows Server 2008/R2
- Actionable steps for planning and accelerating a migration to the cloud
- How an enterprise can plan a more strategic cloud migration by developing a prioritised roadmap for an entire portfolio of applications
- How migrations can be accelerated by identifying exactly what code changes need to be made to move to containers, or App Services, down to the line of code
- How to quickly assess application and database portfolios for modernisation to PaaS
- The best way to get started and avoid common pitfalls that prevent rapid success
Who should attend
IT professionals and leaders interested in learning more about application and database modernisation and the opportunities it presents.