National Bank of Vanuatu Case Study
By leveraging the skills of WARDY IT Solutions and introducing a core banking system based on Microsoft SQL Server the National Bank Vanuatu was able to continue the banks mission of leading the country in the development of accessible rural banking services whilst capitalising on opportunities within the business markets.
Vanuatu is an archipelago, which is of volcanic origin, some 1,750 kilometres east of northern Australia. Vanuatu is one of the most earthquake prone regions in the world with the Australasian and Pacific plates running through the centre of the nation. In the last 18 months there have been eight earthquakes with a magnitude greater than 7.0. As a result there was a need to implement a High Availability and Disaster Recover solution that was extremely robust to deal with the environmental influences of the region.
How the Business Intelligence Solutions Helped:
- Recover corrupt data pages from a mirror server
- Reduce backup volume size with the support for backup compression
- Reduce downtime for hardware maintenance with Hot-Add CPU capabilities
- Improve concurrency with locking enhancements
- Use Resource Governor to proactively control workload prioritization
WARDY IT Solutions designed a SQL Server topology using SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition that was able to meet the recovery objectives of the bank.Download the Full Case Study Here