Querying Data with Transact-SQL
This course is designed to introduce participants to Transact-SQL. It is designed in such a way that the first three (3) days can be taught as a course to participants requiring the knowledge for other courses in the SQL Server curriculum.
Days 4 & 5 teach the remaining skills required to take exam 70-761.Download Course Outline View Schedule/Book Online
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Database Administrators, Database Developers, and Business Intelligence professionals.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the basic architecture and concepts of Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
- Understand the similarities and differences between Transact-SQL and other computer languages.
- Write SELECT queries
- Query multiple tables
- Sort and filter data
- Describe the use of data types in SQL Server
- Modify data using TransactSQL
- Use built-in functions
- Group and aggregate data
- Use subqueries
- Use table expressions
- Use set operators
- Use window ranking, offset and aggregate functions
- Implement pivoting and grouping sets
- Execute stored procedures
- Program with T-SQL
- Implement error handling
- Implement transactions
Before attending this course, participants must have, in addition to their professional experience:
- A working knowledge of relational databases
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality