This five-day instructor-led course provides participants with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence, and helps people prepare for exam 70-461.Download Course Outline View Schedule/Book Online
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Database Administrators, Database Developers, and BI professionals.
The course will very likely be well attended by SQL power users who are not necessarily database-focused or plan on taking the exam; like report writers, business analysts and client application developers
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Write SELECT Queries
- Query Multiple Tables
- Sort and Filter Data
- Describe the Use of Data Types in SQL Server
- Modify Data Using Transact-SQL
- Use Built In Functions
- Group and Aggregate Data
- Use Subqueries
- Use Table Expressions
- Use Window Ranking, Offset & Aggregate Functions
- Implement Pivoting & Grouping Sets
- Execute Stored Procedures
- Program with T-SQL
- Implement Error Handling
- Implement Transactions
Before attending this course, participants should have:
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.