SQL Server 2019 has just been released. This version builds on previous releases to grow SQL Server as a platform that gives you choices of development languages, data types, on-premises or cloud, and operating systems.
What’s New in SQL Server 2019
- SQL Server Big Data Clusters combining the power of SQL Server, Hadoop, Apache Spark™, and Kubernetes to provide an end-to-end data and machine learning platform
- Data virtualisation through Polybase
- Intelligent query processing to gain performance with no application changes
- Mission critical security with Always Encrypted with Secure Enclaves
- Maximum database availability with accelerated database recovery
- Hosting your data on the platform of your choice with compatibility whether that be Windows, Linux, Containers, or Kubernetes
Watch the video below to learn more about SQL Server 2019:
Check out the documentation and the Microsoft blog for more info.
Download our eBook: Unpacking SQL Server 2019: Modernising Your Data Platform
In this ebook, we will outline how SQL Server 2019 focuses on creating a powerful, unified data platform for all your data (structured and unstructured). The more data in your possession, the more SQL Server, and in particular SQL Server 2019, can empower your business to build a data-driven mindset that drives your business forward.Download ebook