This five-day instructor-led course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
Also this course helps you prepare for the Exam 70-462.Download Course Outline View Schedule/Book Online
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe core database administration tasks and tools
- Install and configure SQL Server 2014
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage
- Plan and implement a backup strategy
- Restore databases from backups
- Import and export data
- Monitor SQL Server
- Trace SQL Server activity
- Manage SQL Server security
- Audit data access and encrypt data
- Perform ongoing database maintenance
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent Jobs
- Configure Database Mail, alerts and notifications
In addition to their professional experience, particpants attending this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
Participants who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 20461C: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014