The focus of this three-day instructor-led course is on planning and implementing enterprise database infrastructure solutions by using SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft technologies. It describes how to consolidate SQL Server workloads and how to plan and implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform
Download Course Outline View Schedule/Book Online
Who Should Attend
This course is intended intended for database professionals who need to plan, implement, and manage database solutions.
These individuals design databases as their primary area of responsibility. They are responsible to plan & implement; database infrastructure, consolidation strategies, high availability solutions, disaster recovery solutions, implement SQL Server in on-premises, cloud and hybrid IT scenarios.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess an existing enterprise environment
- Plan and implement Policy-Based Management
- Describe the considerations for consolidating workloads with SQL Server 2014
- Describe considerations for including SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud
- Use Microsoft Azure storage with SQL Server 2014
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure virtual machines
- Describe high availability technologies in SQL Server 2014 and implement log shipping
- Describe Windows Server Failover Clustering
- Implement an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance
- Implement an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Plan high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Plan and implement database replication
In addition to their professional experience, participants who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- At least 2 years relational database experience
- Querying with Transact-SQL
- Planning, implementing and managing databases
- Basic knowledge of high availablity and disaster recovery
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and concepts around cloud computing
There are no reviews yet.